News From Masters
The eleventh grade class will host a basketball game and other MISH events on Friday, October 20 to raise funds for those devastated by the recent hurricane in Puerto Rico.
The game, which will begin at 6:00 PM at the Fonseca Center gym, will feature a coed Masters team and Team Puerto Rico, an AAU team. As the “ticket” for entry, attendees will be asked to donate an item from a list, which is shown below, or to give a small cash donation. All goods and money raised will be given to the nuns at Asociacion Hijas de Maria Auxiliadora, to be distributed directly to the people in need in Puerto Rico.
In addition to the basketball game, there will be food, music, performances, a raffle, and other fun events on October 20 to gather donations for the cause.
The following are donation items that the juniors will collect:
- Cases of water
- Housewares – blankets, towels, sheets, batteries, flashlights, portable radios, etc.
- First Aid - pain relievers (aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen); alcohol pads (no bottles); cotton balls/pads, gauze, Band-Aids, "Ace" bandages, iodine, antibiotic cream
- Personal Hygiene - soap, tampons and sanitary napkins, antiperspirant, petroleum jelly, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, mosquito repellent
- Baby Supplies - diapers, baby formula and baby food (no glass containers)
- Nonperishable food – rice, beans, tea, coffee, cereal, soup, noodles/pasta, nuts, dried or canned fruit, etc. (All food should be dried, canned or powdered; no glass containers.)