Impact Testing Instructions
To ensure a valid test, please follow these instructions. It is very important that you are able to fully concentrate during the entire test. Poor performance will result in an invalid test and will require a retake!
- Set aside 30 minutes in a quiet room with no distractions
- No headphones or cell phone use during the test. Turn off any television, radio or anything else that may produce background noise.
- Tell siblings and family members about the importance of the test to avoid interruptions or distractions.
- Take you time to read each section’s instructions very carefully. Each module is self explanatory. It is common to perform the color word match module incorrectly, please read that section’s instructions carefully.
- You MUST use a standard external mouse. You may not use a finger mouse pad (i.e. laptop mouse), a Track mouse, or anything other than a standard mouse.
- The test CANNOT be taken on the Chrome web browser.
Minimum computer requirements:
- Make sure you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 or above or Firefox 1.5 or above or Safari for Mac users running OSX 10.2 and above
- You must have Macromedia Flash player 10.0 installed. You can download Flash Player atwww.adobe.com
- Pop up blockers must be turned off for the duration of the test.
- Close all other programs on your computer before taking the test
- You will need a broadband internet connection.
- To take the baseline test, go to www.impacttestonline.com/schools, select “NY” and click on “Launch Baseline Test” Our customer code is FA9C093D55.
- Make certain to select “The Masters School” when asked for “School/Organization”.
- Your test results are not displayed once you are finished (all results are password protected). You do not have to print out results at the end of the test.
- If you do not have access to the internet or a home computer that meets the above requirements contact, Mr. Verral, The Masters School’s Athletic Trainer at 914-479-6480 to arrange a testing time at school.
- Thank you for participating in our Impact Concussion Management Program.
Further explanation of the test PLEASE READ:
- This is NOT an intelligence test.
- You want to complete as fast and accurately as possible
- It is difficult – you are not going to get everything right
- Read directions twice before starting each subtest
- Take test in a quiet place so no others are disturbing you during the test.