News From Masters
Title: Human Resources Intern
Department: Human Resources
Status: Part Time 16-20 hours per week
Start Date: June 14, 2016
The Masters School (www.mastersny.org) is a premier coed day and boarding school that engages 5th – 12th grade students with a challenging academic program in a welcoming learning environment. Located on 96 picturesque acres overlooking the Hudson River, The Masters School community takes advantage of both its access to the tri-state area and its proximity to the rich cultural and educational magnet that is New York City. Students benefit from the resources, diversity and activities of Masters 7-day campus and accessible, talented faculty and staff. From our exceptional academics and outstanding visual and performing arts program to our championship athletic teams, the Masters learning experience prepares students for success in college, career and life.
The Masters School celebrates active participation, deep understanding, and meaningful connection. A community of diverse individuals, we gather to learn, to strive, to dare, to do – to be a power for good in the world.
The Human Resources Department at The Masters School is looking for a summer intern (paid and/or course credit eligible) to work approximately 16-20 hours per week. The internship will have an 8 week commitment.
May assist in the following areas:
- Recruiting and onboarding
- Training coordination
- Written projects and research topics
- Interest in working in a school or nonprofit organization
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study specializing in human resources, business administration or a related field
- General knowledge of human resource concepts and terminology
- Interest and knowledge as to how social media can be fully utilized in the recruitment process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills and high emotional intelligence
- Resourceful in performing research on the internet and through other channels
- Well organized, detailed oriented, and able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, explaining why you would succeed in this position and resume, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Adobe® PDF format preferred) and include “HR Intern” in the subject line.
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title and the education and skills required. This is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required or may be required in the future.
Background Screening: The Masters School conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The Masters School actively seeks to forward diversity through its students, faculty and programs.
The Masters School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.