Step 1: Inquire
Complete the online inquiry form on the admission page of the Masters website. Once you submit an inquiry, we will send you more information about our school and invite you to upcoming admission events.
Step 2: Learn More About Masters
Attend an Open House or optional weekday group tour. Reservations for these events can be made on the Admission Event Page.
Step 3: Apply
Applications are due prior to scheduling an interview.
Once we have received your inquiry form, we will send you the link to our application and recommendation forms. However, for your convenience, we offer three ways to apply:
1) The Masters application
Step 4: Interview and Optional Tour
After an application has been received, we will contact your family to set up an interview and optional tour. Interviews are scheduled when classes are in session, Monday through Friday.
Step 5: Testing
Submit your standardized test scores. We require either ISEE or SSAT testing. You can submit your scores directly to Masters using the following school codes when registering for your test date: ISEE School Code 331635. SSAT School Code 4948. The Masters School is a registered test site with several test dates throughout the year.
Step 6: Supporting Materials
In addition to official transcripts, we require a recommendation from a school administrator at your current school (a school counselor, secondary school counselor, principal or vice principal, for example), as well as your current math and English teachers. For families filling out our Masters Application, all recommendation and transcript release forms, can be found on your checklist when logged into your family portal. Recommendation forms sent via the applicant will not be accepted.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- November 1: Priority application due for Middle and Upper School Day applicants. The priority deadline allows for greater flexibility with interview scheduling. It does not affect admission decisions.
- December 15: Middle and Upper School Day applications due
- January 15: Supporting materials due for Middle and Upper School Day applicants: teacher recommendations, transcripts and testing.
- January 15: Financial aid applications due for all applicants
- February 4: Middle School admission decisions are released via email
- February 13: Upper School Day admission decisions are released via email
If our admission deadlines have passed and you are still interested in applying to or inquiring about Masters, please contact the Admission Office at:
914-479-6420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.